Subject matter - I have selected examples from a range of subject matter to give an overview of the units I have covered - Unit 1: Contextual References in Art and Design (4 seasons work); Unit 2: 2D visual communication (abstract on a built environment theme); Unit 3: 3D visual communication (found objects); Unit 7: working with graphic design briefs (promoting a destination); Unit 13: working with visual arts briefs (the figure).
Technical skills - the range of work includes experiments with pencil, charcoal, acrylic, watercolour, collage, print making, sculpture and digital manipulation.
Creativity - I have chosen pieces which show that I have taken a theme and approached it in different ways and influences, and not simply copied or replicated other artists work.
Developmental work - some of the pieces show how I have progressed a theme (for example, using black and white and then colour with my 'joiners' experiment, and the progression of the pieces in the abstraction of a church window).
Personal feelings and emotion - some of the pieces particularly show my emotional response and personality eg the 3D found objects humorous theme with the tennis balls. The abstract art included is very much a record of emotion and personal response to the brief.
Evaluation - in the sketchbook and blog, I have been able to record my evaluation of my work, and finally the evaluation of all pieces in order to select images for inclusion in my portfolio.
And finally...I hope the portfolio shows potential for my future work and that people actually enjoy looking at it. I am not an artist who works to just please myself, I find satisfaction if others can relate to it in a positive way.


A fantastic blog Gill. Great choice of images and good use of Photostory. Very thorough explanations. Really well done.
ReplyDeletethat's a wonderful life study below your blog title. The swimmer is outstanding too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your talent.